Outfitted and Guided Canoe Trips
Day and Overnight Trips
- Vanceboro to Little Falls 9.5 miles, 1 day
- Vanceboro to Loon Bay 20 miles, 3 days
- Vanceboro to Kellyland 33 miles, 4 or 5 days
- Spednic Lake option to Kellyland, 6-7 days
- Scheduled 2022 St Croix Trips
The St Croix: Designated as a Canadian Heritage River, the St. Croix flows along the eastern Maine border with New Brunswick, offers great wilderness scenery, moderate whitewater, maintained wilderness campsites, fishing for small mouth Bass and the opportunity to spot Bald Eagles. The St. Croix River is dam controlled which means it is runnable all summer long. With miles of quick water and numerous easy class I rapids, it’s easy to see why the St. Croix is one of Maine’s best canoe trips.
No Experience Necessary: Our guided trips are well suited for families and groups of all ages with little or no experience, the St. Croix is a great river to learn basic paddling and camping skills. Campsites located on the river’s edge are rustic with picnic tables, fire pit and an outbox. We camp in tents and cooking is done over an open fire. A more relaxed schedule allows time to swim, fish, read a book and enjoy quality time with friends and family. Note: Paddling Little Falls Rapid (class II) is optional, trip guides can make another run with your canoe if you are not comfortable with paddling it.
New to canoeing? Be sure to view our instructional videos made in collaboration with Old Town Canoe. This short 3-part series covers: Basic Canoe Strokes, Canoe Paddling Maneuvers, Running Rapids. You can view them here.
Guided & Outfitted: Friendly, knowledgeable and skilled registered Maine guides will instruct you and lead your canoe trip making for a safe and enjoyable time. With numerous starting and ending points, choose a trip 1-5 days in duration.
What is Provided: All necessary equipment and canoes, meals, well stocked First Aid kit and for a little added peace of mind, a satellite phone and Garmin InReach two-way satellite communicator.
Book a Trip: CLICK HERE
The Night Prior: Add the night prior to your trip by staying in the region’s finest accommodations, the First Settler’s Lodge in Weston with panoramic views of Mt. Katahdin and East Grand Lakes area. With this option, your guide drops off your river bags the night prior to the trip so you can pack then joins you for breakfast the day of your trip, and travel together to the river to the putin location.
Highlights of our St. Croix River Canoe Trips!
St. Croix River Trip Testimonial
A True Maine Adventure!
“The staff from Canoe the Wild were all knowledgeable, polite, and fun to be with. My family of four attended and one item of special note is how patient and kind they were with my children (ages 7 & 9) even at sunrise when those little minds were full of questions and excitement. The food was excellent and was locally sourced when possible. The equipment was all in good shape and obviously well cared for. The locations we stopped at were nice and offered the opportunity to swim, fish, or just enjoy the sounds of nature. I already found myself looking ahead to what next’s years schedule had to offer.” Drew Kellner, NH
St. Croix River Pictures
Pictures of Past St. Croix River Trips
- July 29-31, 2020
- July 25-27, 2020
- August 5 day trip, 2019
- July, 2019, three day family canoe trip
- October 2018 , Private School Group Trip
- July 2018. St. Croix Youth Canoe Trip
- July 2018 Spednic Lake canoe trip
- July 2018, family canoe trip
- Aug. 2017 Family Canoe Trip #3
- Aug. 2017 St. Croix River day trip
- Aug. 2017 Family Canoe Trip #1
- Aug. 2017 Family St. Croix Trip #2
- Aug. 2017, Corporate St Croix River Trip
- July, 2017 Middle Schoolers, St. Croix River Trip
- May, 2017 St. Croix River Trip, blog
- Sept. 2016 St Croix River, Family Trip
- Sept. 2016, St Croix River, School Trip
- Sept. 2016. St. Croix River, Couple’s Trip
- August 2016, Croix Day Trip
- August 2016, Ladies St. Croix Trip
- August 2016, St Croix River, Boy Scout Canoe Trip
- June 2016, Family Croix Trip
- May 2016, St Croix River, Mezin & Cohen Family Trip